Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Lillys boyfriend and such



While we were in Idaho, one of our stops was to Twin Falls to see our good friends, the Lusks. We first met the Lusks in Moscow when Ryan was doing his masters. We went to church the first Sunday, and Ryan leaned over to me and said, "that guy over there looks just like one of the guys I served with on my mission." He kept looking through the meeting and afterwards went and introduced himself, and sure enough--they had served together. So, we ended up moving into the same apt. complex and becoming great friends. Our kids were all a year apart, and they were one of the friends for life couples. We got together all the time. His wife Candria and I would see each other on the playground and soon our husbands would find their way when they got done with school. We discussed dinner and would OFTEN do it together. We played games and watched movies late into the night and morning. I would put my girls to bed at their house and it was just some great memories.

So, now they have a "real" job, (he is a vet) and a cute house, but still the cutest kids. Ryman is a year older than Lilly and years ago we joked that they were going to get married. Well, Ryman is the cutest boy and dressed up in his spiderman outfit and would save the girls from bad guys while they played house. It is nice to know that even though we are back in Texas, Lilly still talks about her boyfriend, Ryman. Why can't it turn out like the parents want? I think they look pretty cute together. I guess we'll have to see in about 20 some years. . .(Lilly can't get married until she is atleast 30).

3 comments:

Becky T said...

Hey Larsens! So glad to see you guys have a blog. It will be fun to keep up with you. And thank you SO much for offering us a place to stay during Gustav. We really appreciated it. You may regret offering now that there is another hurricane coming because you may actually have some refugees crashing at your place soon! :) We'll be in touch if we end up needing to head your way! Thanks for thinking of us!

Marcie said...

Hey! I hope you guys survived Ike. You'll have to write about how it went and how you're doing now. You have such a cute blog! Maybe someday I'll get mine looking that good (when I figure out how)!

Bobbi said...

You are so cute....and I've tagged you--see my blog.