Tuesday, September 16, 2008

First day of school



So, I'm a week late, but hey--I'm late for everything. Lilly has been talking about this day FOREVER! But, the closer it came, the more apprehensive she got. Finally, the week before school, every time we would talk about it, she would burst into tears and beg not to go. So, when they had a mom and me kind of day before school begins, I was thrilled! We went and met her teacher (Mrs. Popp) and all the other kids. She loved seeing all the stations and the fun things that kids did in school. After that, excitement was an understatement! So, the morning of her 1st day, she ran out the door with a "see ya mom" and that would have been it--but of course I dragged her back in for pictures and a kiss! She had the best day ever, has great friends and loves school (even chapel time).




The worst part of the day was when Lilly and Ryan left together. Maggie wouldn't hear of it. She cried at the end of the driveway until they turned off our road onto another street. She was so sad that she was losing her playmate for 1/2 the day. But, when I told her that she could have all the toys to herself while Lilly was gone, she wiped those tears and got to work. We did puzzles and played house. She kept telling me "that's not how Lilly does it." So, I guess I'm a lousy replacement but I'll have to do.

4 comments:

rkkorth said...

She looks so cute...all big a ready for school! It's bitter-sweet huh? Your girls are adorable. Have fun doing puzzles and playing house...it sounds like you might need some practice to measure up!

Brooke S said...

Mckenzie!

Found your blog today. Your family looks so great! What cute little girls! What's new?

Brooke (Taylor) Snyder

Marcie said...

She is such a cutie! I can't believe she's in school now! That's so fun... Tyler always cries too when Ben goes to preschool. That will be fun for you to have time with just Maggie.

Johnson said...

Your kids and family are so beautiful. It's so fun to read about updates and happenings in your family.